Members - Information for businesses who want to promote Oswestry & The Borderlands
We invite you to join Oswestry Borderland Tourism – the only organisation that exists solely to promote Oswestry and The Welsh Borderlands to new and returning visitors.
Oswestry Borderland Tourism - our vision
Our Vision is for Oswestry & The Borderlands to be seen as one of the most desirable UK destinations, providing a welcoming and memorable visitor experience that reflects the area’s historic, cultural and natural heritage.
Oswestry Borderland Tourism - our mission statement
Our Mission Statement: To grow footfall and spend, benefitting the local tourism and hospitality sectors and other community stakeholders, by raising awareness of Oswestry & Borderlands as the ideal destination. To promote our membership to visitors and residents and to champion the benefits of the visitor economy.
Membership of OBT costs from £65 for one year
10,000 unique page views on this site in the first 2 weeks of May 2021
40,000 + Facebook reach in the first 2 weeks in May and 3,600 likes
1000 Instagram reach in the first 2 weeks in May and 1.4k followers
Enquire about Membership
One page on www.visitoswestry.co.uk with option to update your own information
Posts on Social Media throughout the year
Advice and help with tourism related matters
Option to upgrade entry on www.visitoswestry.co.uk
Option to feature in visitors’ newsletter at extra cost
Option to take featured entry on web site at extra cost
Option to have highlighted entry on top level pages on www.visitoswestry.co.uk
Option to advertise in any print produced by OBT
Free use of images and videos produced by OBT
Free display of information in Oswestry Town TIC
Discounted photo shoot by Graham Mitchell
Latest information for tourism businesses regarding corona virus is here.
This is what OBT does:
www.visitoswestry.co.uk – Create and promote Oswestry and The Borderlands via this web site.
@Oswestrytourism – promote via Facebook. Initiatives include promotion of member events, news and stunning local images.
@OswestryTourism – promote via Instagram. The local area is shown in images taken by local photographer Graham Mitchell.
Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn – all promote the town and area with opportunities for members to feature
Break for the Borderlands – visitors’ newsletter which is sent regularly to approx. 1000 interested visitors.
Oswestry Town TIC – we operate the town TIC at Castle View, Arthur Street.
Working together – OBT is represented on Oswestry BID and Visit Shropshire Boards. Oswestry Town Council supports OBT and we work closely with them to promote the town. Shropshire Tourism Action Group – we are members along with Shropshire Council, Telford and Wrekin Council, Shrewsbury BID and other county tourism groups.
Oswestry Borderland Tourism Ltd. is a not for profit organisation and, with the help of our staff, the company is managed by a board of members who volunteer their time to help promote Oswestry and The Borderlands.
In 2020 we:
- Kept members up to date with the latest information about the Covid 19 pandemic by sending regular newsletters
- Contacted Shropshire Council, Marches Growth Hub, Owen Patterson MP, Nigel Huddleston MP to lobby on behalf of our members
- Designed and produced a new web site
- Bought visitoswestry.co.uk and www.visitoswestry.com from Visit Shropshire and rebranded as Visit Oswestry
- Increased web site traffic by 25% plus on previous year
- Re- located Oswestry Town TIC from Oswestry Visitor & Exhibition centre and opened a new TIC at Castle View SY11 1JR
- Agreed an ongoing relationship with Oswestry Town Council to support our promotional activities
- Distributed 35,000 copies of the Oswestry brochure
- Worked with Oswestry Business Improvement District and Visit Shropshire and appointed a board member to each organisation
- Worked with Visit Shropshire to create their new web site and ensure Oswestry and the areas around us are well represented
- Created new videos about Oswestry Town, Montgomery Canal, Llanymynech Heritage area and Nesscliffe and Old Oswestry
- Created a new visual area map of Oswestry & The Borderlands
- Engaged Insynch to create a total digital marketing strategy for Oswestry and The Borderlands supported by advertising on Google and Facebook
- Agreed spending of £12000 grant from Marches LEP with Oswestry Town Council and Oswestry BID to include a new town map, replacing the current town map boards to show the new TIC location and extra advertising with Google and Facebook ads
- Applied for and received £3000 grant from Mail Metro media and featured in ads in Mail on Sunday, Daily Mail, Metro North West and Metro Midlands
- Applied for and received £5000 grant from Hospitality and Leisure Grant which enabled us to continue to pay our staff, move the TIC at no extra cost to members and to continue promotion of Oswestry & the Borderlands
Designed and improved the Wilfred Owen Trail and Town heritage Trail
- Created anew mini guide to Oswestry & the Borderlands at no extra cost to members.
Ready to join or renew your membership? You can download the forms and pay here.
Sign up for our business users’ newsletter
If you have a business interest in local tourism and you would like to receive information about Oswestry Borderland Tourism and what’s happening in Oswestry and The Borderlands, please sign up to our newsletter here. Non members receive a selected number of emails during the year.
Lee Lucks – Chairman
Karen Pringle – Tourism Officer